I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Sunday 13 May 2018

The act of creation



Saltaire Arts Trail 2018
There were several opportunities this year to watch artists demonstrating their craft and to explore your own creativity too, with a variety of workshops on offer.

Jake Attree, a renowned Yorkshire figurative artist was offering 'Draw Saltaire' workshops, using pen and ink, graphite or oil pastels. I believe he lives in Saltaire although his studio is in Halifax.

You could also drop in to The Craft House to try weaving or making pom-poms and felt marbles.

It was lovely seeing people sitting around the village sketching.


Don't those colourful oil pastels look inviting...?

4 comments:

  1. People sitting sketching is a sight you often see in Cambridge and when I lived in Grantchester there were often art groups descending on the village and occupying every possible vantage point. Were you enticed into joining their number?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I'm wanting to get out my oil pastels! Soon. Maybe soon. After spring housecleaning?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beyond my skills, admittedly. Occasionally I see people in our gallery sketching their takes on the old masters paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like coming across artists at work outside. I rarely skip the opportunity to photograph over their shoulders.

    ReplyDelete