I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Sunday 7 January 2018

Winter wonderland


All these photos were taken within a mile of so of Saltaire, exploring the towpath of the Leeds-Liverpool Canal and then crossing the river on to the carriage drive that served the great house at Milner Field, where Titus Salt Junior lived. The house is long since demolished but everywhere there is evidence of the grand estate that surrounded it.







8 comments:

  1. Lovely snowy scenes once again. Can we go inside for a hot chocolate soon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Back to normal tomorrow, John! Sorry for the glut of pictures but I had such a lovely walk and enjoyed the scenes. There is precious little else to photograph in this dreary weather we've had since.

      Delete
  2. I can feel the scrunch of the snow under my bicycle tyres, my breath steaming.....of such photos childhood dreams are re-awakened. Thank you, Jenny. The photos are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow more beauty. I don't like snow nowadays but it does add such beauty to the landscape. I love the touches of red you managed to find.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That pretty view in the second to last shot is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really took advantage of your snowy day, Jenny! Beautiful scenes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are beautiful, jennyfreckles. Nice how the red pops against the snowy background.

    ReplyDelete