I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Sunday 26 November 2017

River Wharfe at Addingham


Addingham walk
The stretch of the River Wharfe from Bolton Abbey to Ilkey is really pleasant so, once I accessed The Dalesway path, it was an easy stroll back to my car, parked in Addingham. The sun played peek-a-boo behind a bank of low cloud, which was a bit annoying. When it came out, the colours in the water and autumn trees were beautiful. There were a few birds about, although had I stopped and watched awhile I'm sure I might have seen more. I saw some grey wagtails bobbing on the rocks, a few mallards lazily cruising and a female goosander. She was busily diving for food; they stay underwater for ages and then pop up again, sometimes quite a way from where they disappeared.


5 comments:

  1. A grand portrait of the River Wharfe, just as I picture it in my mind. I don't think the Goosanders are down here yet; I certainly haven't seen any yet this winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful light in these two images Jenny. Bird spotting is so enjoyable, especially when you get a good shot like this, they can be so tricky ✨

    ReplyDelete
  3. We don't have that kind of bird here, but it is a pretty one. I've seen others here that submerge in rivers and come up quite a way from where they started as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your river page is quite lovely.

    ReplyDelete