Saturday, 5 August 2017

Senior Way (1)


I recently took a walk with some friends around the nearby village of Cullingworth. The first part of it followed a footpath signposted Senior Way. The name is not, as might be expected, because it is aimed a senior citizens (such as me!) It is named after the late Ron Senior, a local man who helped to get the walk recognised and signposted.


I always love this valley. It's so lush and green; you could be miles from civilisation although it is not at all remote. My eagle-eyed friend spotted a heron skulking in the grasses. Harden Beck runs along the valley bottom and it tends to be a bit marshy in some parts; fertile territory for a heron looking for frogs, I guess.



4 comments:

  1. Hi Jenny - no wonder it's a favourite ... lovely looking walk. Love the name too - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks wonderful, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That heron definitely would know where the good eating's to be found.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like a wonderful place to walk. I am happy that you are enjoying your retirement so much. Not much beats walks in pretty places with good friends.

    ReplyDelete

No WV here but I've enabled comment moderation on older posts so I don't miss any of your messages. I love reading them - thank you! And thanks for visiting my blog.