I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Thursday 24 August 2017

Knowle's finer points


My friends jokingly suggested that I wouldn't find much to photograph in Knowle. I think perhaps familiarity breeds contempt... The West Midlands and Warwickshire could not be more different from the area of Yorkshire that I live in, and even some of the 'ordinary' buildings are very old indeed. Up here, medieval buildings (aside from churches and some grander houses) are only really to be found in cities like York and Chester. I found it all quite delightful: pretty settlements, historic buildings, all set in pleasantly green and rolling countryside. These are some of the details that took my eye in Knowle.





3 comments:

  1. A photographer can always find something. Like you did. I like the interesting architecture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great detail! It's the last one that's my favourite.

    ReplyDelete