I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Wednesday 13 July 2016

Marooned


There are 91 locks along the 127 miles of the Leeds-Liverpool Canal - and seven of them are in Barrowford. Unfortunately the lock you can see in my picture has some sudden problem with the concrete that supports the lock gates. It was closed and drained to allow urgent repairs. So, if you wanted to travel further east than this you would have to wait. It seems to have scuppered the plans for at least one narrowboat. Never mind, it is a pretty area to while away some time, with plenty to watch - cyclists, dog walkers, fishermen and picnickers abound. When the all people have gone home there would, I imagine, be some wildlife to observe too. I liked the yellow flag iris, growing profusely along the banks.


6 comments:

  1. Hi Jenny - wonderful photos .. and yes how glorious to be marooned there .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks pretty.
    One day I want to look inside a boat like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. From what I know of the narrowboat fraternity a pub nearby would complete their idea of heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Canals do need maintenance, especially in a case like this. The area looks pleasant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope they were not there for too many days!

    ReplyDelete