I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Wednesday 22 June 2016

Skipton in the evening



The small camera club that I belong to at my church usually ends our yearly programme in June with a trip out and a meal. It's fun and sociable but it traditionally rains! I thought this year was going to be no exception, as it was pouring when my friend and I set off from home. When we arrived in Skipton, however, the clouds had cleared and we enjoyed a lovely walk around the town in the early evening sunshine. The traditional fish and chip meal was pretty good too!

I've posted so many pictures of the town on my blog that you will know its beauty spots as well as I do. This is a favourite view, at the point where the Springs branch canal joins the Leeds-Liverpool. It looked especially pretty in the golden evening light.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Jenny - as you say ... a beautiful photo - love it ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is the interaction between the sun and the stone that is so specially Yorkshire. Lovely photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! That bridge is so appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks so beautiful, Jenny! Glad you had a sunny day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jennyfreckles, this is gorgeous. One to enlarge, print and frame and then show off in your home.

    ReplyDelete