I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Thursday 16 June 2016

Sculptural


I find the building adjacent to The Hepworth very interesting too. It's an old mill, I think now disused. It is constructed in reddish brick and the windows are blocked up by black wooden screens. Somehow it has a sculptural quality in itself, which is emphasised, I think, in black and white. I enjoyed how the young, lacy trees counterpoint the heavy solidity of the building.

5 comments:

  1. Those blacked out windows give it a very austere look. Effective use of B/W too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really dramatic in black and white!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope it gets restored and reused!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sculptural, yes, and effective in black and white. Over here, buildings like this are often renovated into new uses if the location is at all good.

    ReplyDelete