I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Monday 18 January 2016

One way to get warm


Despite the temperatures being barely above freezing on Saturday, the amazing Drum Machine were playing around Hebden Bridge as part of the floods fundraiser. I find the effect of the massed percussion really thrilling; you can feel it viscerally as well as hearing it. Quite extraordinary. For a video with sound, see the post I uploaded the first time I ever saw them - here. It's impossible to listen without picking up the beat - and jigging about is one way to keep warm!

8 comments:

  1. Good idea ! We have - 6°C today !

    ReplyDelete
  2. An excellent way to keep warm Jenny :) not something I have to think about in Perth :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could use a jig to warm up this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sound reminds me of the odd steel drums band I've seen perform here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for them to brave the cold.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, that drumming looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. An amusing photo, but I feel for the drummers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks great! So, with their deep reverberation, you were able to hear them? (That "Shoulder of Mutton" sign is so English!)

    ReplyDelete