I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Saturday 2 January 2016

Northcliffe Park Meadow


Such mild weather just before Christmas. Walking in Northcliffe Park in the midday sunshine, it felt like an early spring day apart from the very long shadows, the bare trees and the mud. It was saturated underfoot even then and that is part of why the Christmas night rainfall had such a devastating effect. The keen-eyed may be able to see the tip of Salts Mill chimney, almost central in the photo. The park meadow is allowed to grow wild and is only mown a couple of times a year to encourage wildflowers and insects.

4 comments:

  1. I don't think I have ever been to Northcliffe Park. When the new puppy arrives (yes we have decided to replace Amydog) that is one place I could take her for a walk. A very happy new year from Issy and myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very pretty. (And my eyes aren't good enough to see the chimneys.)

    ReplyDelete