I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Thursday 21 January 2016

Hebden view


This is one of the views of Hebden Bridge that you often see in tourist brochures. It is taken from a bridge over the Rochdale Canal, looking east. Hebden Water flows into the River Calder just behind where I was standing, crossing under the canal. The river then flows around the park to the right of the picture. With all that water around and the town sitting low in the valley, you can appreciate why it tends to be very vulnerable to floods.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Jenny - can quite see it from your description .. stunning photo ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's many years since I visited Hebden Bridge but, even so, the view looks familiar. I think I may have taken a similar, though much muddier, photo on the little Instamatic I had in those days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right about the floods. Beautiful location though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a pretty scene. There are reasons why so many photographs have been taken from this spot.

    ReplyDelete