I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Monday 19 October 2015

Chocolate!


Also, and perhaps of more interest to this particular 'tourist', I visited Leyburn's chocolate maker: The Little Chocolate Shop. It's not very romantically situated, being on a small business park, but once inside you can watch the chocolate being made by hand - and then buy in the shop, of course.  There are three machines constantly circulating the liquid chocolate (dark, milk and white - shown here). The young man was creating some chocolate sheep (what else, in Wensleydale?!) The factory area is in a kind of central glass cube so it is easy to see what is going on (but limited sight-lines and lots of reflections from the glass make taking photos a challenge).

6 comments:

  1. Chocolate sheep. I guess they could be presented in a box with the inscription, "Just for Ewe"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet he doesn't eat much chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum. I bet it smelled wonderful in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've said the magic word!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I does look like an interesting set of machinery to put out different good things to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll bet RedPat is right. After being around chocolate all day, he probably has no interest in eating it.

    ReplyDelete