I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Friday 24 July 2015

Allotment Garden Party



My friend has a rather lovely allotment on a rather lovely plot in Bingley. They recently had a Garden Party Open Day and I had a lovely time taking photos for a slideshow (another OU assignment!) There's something about allotments that I really like. They tend to be a bit more untidy-looking than most gardens and yet that sits happily alongside the bountiful productivity created by the hard work of the gardeners.

3 comments:

  1. There always seems to be a bit of chaos going on in them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! We saw some of these allotment gardens as we traveled




    What fun. We saw some allotment garden areas as we traversed England by train in March.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I understand the idea of allotments in England. In the USA, many or most cities have community gardens, in which plots of ground are set aside for people to plant. But, I have not seen buildings like these . . . our community gardens tend to be open.

    ReplyDelete