I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Saturday 23 August 2014

Museum of the Year 2014



Guess where I've been today? Yes, the Yorkshire Sculpture Park (YSP), at West Bretton near Wakefield. It has recently been named 'Museum of the Year' by the Art Fund. I feel so lucky to live within easy travelling distance of this wonderful place. It is a magnificent landscape to enjoy and discovering all the amazing pieces of sculpture dotted around the place makes for a great day out.

There are several photos to come from this latest trip, but please also click the YSP label below to see a previous visit.

2 comments:

  1. My visit to there is one of my best memories ever! They had a Plensa show on at the time and it was so incredible! Plus I stayed at a B&B in town that was in a very old house with beams on the ceiling and an Aga stove that they made our breakfast on. You are so lucky to be near it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has a beautiful setting. I clicked on your link and saw pix from your previous visit. Loved the photo of the boy who sat beside the sculpture . . . truly a case of adding a person to a photo improving the image.

    ReplyDelete