I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Tuesday 29 October 2013

It's a bit damp....


Rainy Saltaire from Salts Mill. A view, perhaps, quite close to what many southerners imagine the North of England looks like. Well, it does.... sometimes. Speaking personally, I think even in the rain it has a certain beauty.

Thankfully, The Storm did not really affect us in Yorkshire. It rained a lot but it has not been particularly windy. It hit much further south and there has been some damage to trees and property across southern England, I think, though it wasn't a hurricane! We generally have such mild weather here that anything slightly out of the ordinary (heavy rain, wind, snow, power cuts) seems to get everyone really excited.

9 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you were spared the winds, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fortunately I missed the storm and bad weather. I had summertime in the South of France. Unusually high temperatures for end of October even there. 25 °C ! I had sunshine all the time. I came back this afternoon and of course it rains and it's quiet cool !

    ReplyDelete
  3. The storm came in over southern Sweden, we had some pretty strong gusts of wind even where I live (inland). Worse along the coasts. Excellent photo of the rain seen through the window!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy to take some of your excess rain down under Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful photo to illustrate the storm story. I'm glad that your part of England didn't have serious impacts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Truth be told, it is what I think the weather is like there. Our weather people on TV all exaggerate about the upcoming "disturbances", always way too dramatic for what is really outside our door!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh! The view is a bit grim -- Dickensian, perhaps. But it takes plenty of rain to keep England as green as it is, doesn't it. Glad the big storm missed you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're absolutely right; I'm coming over all Ena Sharples already... Lovely photo, Jenny.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very moody and nice with the way the lines "frames" the image.

    ReplyDelete