I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Thursday 1 August 2013

Lazy sunny afternoon


I'm having so many lovely jaunts lately that I am having a job to keep up with all the photos I've been taking! I took this one when I went out for a special lunch to celebrate the retirement of one of my friends from work. We drove miles up into the Yorkshire Dales, right up into Upper Wharfedale to a little village called Buckden. There's a nice old pub there called The Buck Inn, a favourite of people taking walking holidays. The Dalesway long-distance path passes through the village. It was a very hot day so we had our meal inside. The thick stone walls of such old buildings keep the inside cool. Afterwards we sat outside in the shade of the umbrellas and enjoyed the fresh air, the pretty flowers, lovely views and good conversation.

5 comments:

  1. The place is really nice and inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Picture book perfect place to celebrate a retirement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And a classic Ray Davies number to go with flowers...in the summertime...

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful photo of a beautiful place for a nice occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A charming capture, Jenny. One can almost feel the surrounding heat and desire to "chill out" with a Bulmer's Cider! (Thanks for dropping by my blog again)

    ReplyDelete