I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Tuesday 18 December 2012

Late night shopping


Out in the evening with my camera on a tripod, the parade of shops on Saltaire's Victoria Road looked too enticing to pass by without a photo. I liked the different colours and warmths of the lights. The hairdresser, on the left, has sparkly chandeliers; the bakery always looks warm and inviting; the bar 'Don't tell Titus' has hot red lights that make it look like a haven in a storm. Further down, the jeweller's lights are appropriately diamond-white and the shops at the bottom of the row, which sell nice things for the home (oriental, vintage, art), have fairy lights - very pretty.

6 comments:

  1. Am so enjoying this series as I grew up around this area, lovely to see it through your lens, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very calm for Christmas time, no?..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jenny, that photo is so warm and inviting!
    Hope you have a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a lovely street view. I am excited as I have just booked my pal a coach holiday (not SAGA but she will be 60!!! ) and we take in Saltaire for a day! Can't wait! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think you'll be disappointed, there's plenty to explore - and you will have all the info since you've been reading my blog. It'll be like coming home. You'll recognise bits!

      Delete