I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Friday 3 August 2012

Cows lying down


A local walk, though you'd be forgiven for thinking it was miles away from Saltaire and the city.  It's not though... a mile or so uphill out of the valley and you find yourself among fields and raw nature. I was enthralled to see swallows on the wing apparently feeding their young, something I've never noticed before.  Like aerial refuelling of aircraft! This small herd of cows (well, probably not...young heifers?) was lying down, a sign - some say - that rain is on the way.  I made it home without getting wet but there was a short, sharp shower later.

3 comments:

  1. What a bucolic and pastoral scenery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. People say the same here, but it doesn't seem to hold up under examination. Nice scene, anyway. I love the stone fences. Jim

    ReplyDelete