I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Sunday 14 August 2011

Boy sitting

 (Photo taken with my Panasonic DMC-FZ18)

I spent ages waiting, trying to isolate one of these seven figures - part of a Jaume Plensa installation 'Heart of Trees' (2007) at YSP - from the many visitors milling around.  Just as I was about to press the shutter, a couple of young boys ran into shot.  Isn't it frustrating when that happens?  But then when one of them suddenly sat down beside the figure, I had the picture I had been waiting for all along without knowing it!

I have posted more photos of the Jaume Plensa installations on my other blog.

12 comments:

  1. That's really a wonderful shot ! what a lucky coincidence ! Sponaneous shots are the bests !

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had the right moment indeed. Great shot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is brilliant! Worth the waiting, Jenny. Great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you can expect to see that shot published. It combines the best of LIFE and Norman Rockwell traditions. Congratulations. Jim

    ReplyDelete
  5. You BET that was the right shot! Can't express it better than Wayfarin' Stranger!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good idea to wait for the perfect moment! It was not the one you were expecting for, but an other one, even greater!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree...the little boys 'makes' the shot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is excellent, jennyfreckles. It reminds me of a photo I took about 30 years ago. I was in Yellowstone National Park, and there was a bench with a wooden life-sized carving of a cowboy sitting on it. I went into the store and planned to take a picture of it when I came out. When I walked out, a young man had taken a seat on the bench, and by coincidence this 20th century teenager had sat in precisely the same posture as the wooden cowboy. Click!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great capture Jenny. I love the statue. Have a good start to your week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! What a stroke of good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMGosh didn't that turn out great! ~Lili

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perfect -- and I love the pieces in this show.

    ReplyDelete