I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Sunday 2 January 2011

Getting to know Saltaire


I first showed this plan of the World Heritage Site of Saltaire way back at the start of my blog in June 2009.  But I didn't have any readers then - and now I have lots ... my 100th Follower joined on Christmas Day, which made me happy.  I know there are also other regular readers who don't appear on any lists.  Anyway, I thought it might be interesting and useful to put up this street plan again.  It shows the broad layout of Saltaire, so that you can see how it all fits together and perhaps begin to locate and visualise my photos within the context of the rest of the village.  I think if you click the map it will enlarge to become more readable. The street plan actually belongs to an explanatory 'Guide and Heritage Trail' about Saltaire, produced for visitors by the Council's Visitor Information Centre.  I'm sure they won't mind me borrowing it. The latest Guide is downloadable from their website.

10 comments:

  1. Thanks, Jenny. The map enlarges well BTW :)

    And, CONGRATULATIONS to you on reaching 100 followers! I know you'll go from strength to strength, as your blog is always very interesting :) Maybe you'll even produce a book (or 3) from it one day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one! Still can't see Windy Hill Cemetery though!
    Congratulations on your 100th.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 100 followers! Congrats, also. I'll never get there but that's okay. You have such an interesting blog. I never tire of seeing all the neat photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your 100th follower but I see that you actually now have 101 :)))) well done to you and all your hard work by posting such interesting post is certainly paying off.. take care, love Judyxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a good idea to show this map again! and I think like Desiree: a book would be a great idea!
    maybe a resolution for this new year?..:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't this fun! You live in such an intriguing little place! And how fun to get your 100th follower as a Christmas present! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good idea and good links. If I'm ever lucky enough to visit Saltaire, it will be like coming home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am a very maps-globes-graphs oriented person, so it's very important to me to find a map of any town, village, city I visit. Thanks, Jenny.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this will come in quite handy, a great little map for us to see! ~Lili

    ReplyDelete
  10. I must call it a day now, but when I return from my trip, I will come back to look at this more carefully. Your new project looks interesting; super b&w images!

    ReplyDelete