I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Wednesday 19 August 2009

Another red door


Some of my recent photos don't seem to have had much colour in them, so I thought I'd brighten things up with this door, on Ada Street, Saltaire. This is the second red door I've featured (see also 27 June) but this one has only three panels, typical of the smaller Saltaire houses. Because of the listed status of the buildings there are restrictions on the paint colours you can use....cheery telephone box red is obviously OK!

Ada Street, as I said yesterday, was named after Titus Salt's youngest daughter, born in 1853. She died in 1935, making her also the longest-lived of his children. The street was completed in 1857 and would have been home to some of the ordinary workers in the Mill.


No comments:

Post a Comment