I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Thursday 2 July 2009

A perfect reflection


The air was wonderfully refreshed after an overnight shower, so my morning 'commute' to work was most pleasant. I have the happy option of walking along the towpath from my home to my workplace on fine summer days. No crowded trains or traffic jams for me! Aren't I lucky? I caught this amazing reflection of Salts Mill in the canal. The water was quite still, which is unusual along that stretch. There is nearly always a breeze coming down the valley... another good reason for siting the Mill where it is, as the prevailing westerly winds would have blown the smoke from the chimneys away from the village.
(You can see the last remaining covered walkway between the mills here too - not especially attractive unfortunately, but no doubt useful).




1 comment: